Planning a Vacation? SERVPRO is here to help!
With the hottest months in full swing, it is about that time of the year to cool down with a summer vacation. While planning for time away, many homeowners forget that protecting their home is just as important as the vacation itself. To keep your home safe from burglary and internal damage, here are tips and tricks from SERVPRO of Greensburg:
- Have a close friend or neighbor be checking your home daily
- Provide this neighbor with emergency contact names and phone numbers
- Provide information for the alarm system to the house sitter
- Leave your porch lights on
- Cancel mail or have it collected daily
- Unplug electronics to cut down on any possible shortages
- Check smoke detectors to make sure they are working properly
- Shut off gas and water at the meter, supply, or appliances
- Turn off water valves to washing machine, sinks, and dishwasher
- Adjust your thermostat to 75-80 – this will help control usage
Protecting your home before leaving can help preserve your peace of mind while on vacation. If disaster strikes while you are away, call SERVPRO of Greensburg at (724) 837-8830. Let us show you that we are faster to any size disaster!